AQUATIC ECOLOGIST/SASS5 PRACTITIONER VACANCY AT ENVASS
“We employ on attitude and passion”.
Environmental Assurance (Pty) Ltd (ENVASS) is a multidisciplinary Environmental Management Consulting company established in 2004. ENVASS currently has ten divisions, ranging from Compliance Monitoring to Mine Closure, that fall under five business units, each comprised of highly specialised and experienced professionals. The diversity of services we provide to clients across all sectors of the economy provides a wonderful opportunity for individual growth and the building of experience within a collaborative, structured environment. We pride ourselves on our teamwork, service excellence and client relations.
The wetland and aquatic division is currently in the market for a passionate, driven and knowledgeable aquatic ecologist/SASS5 practitioner with mid-level experience to form part of our team at our Pretoria or North West branches. This position will be on a permanent basis with a three (3) month probation period with confirmation of permanent employment at the discretion of ENVASS. The minimum criteria for the abovementioned vacancy are as follows:
- Must have a passion for environmental conservation and sustainability and be eager to learn and engage in different tasks.
- Minimum of a BSc honours degree in the natural science field that incorporated some or all of the following: Wetland and aquatic ecology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), soil science, botany, hydrology, environmental science or similar.
- Must be SASS5 accredited with the National Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) and provide proof thereof.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in conducting SASS5 aquatic surveys, aquatic impact assessments and other aquatic related studies independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Must have some experience with wetland delineations and assessments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a minimum of 2 years’ experience on the road.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, computer literacy and report writing skills in English.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Great project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally if necessary.
- Professional registered with SACNASP (or in process).
- Have completed and passed the Tools for Wetland Assessment course through Rhodes University, or a similar wetland course through a credible institution.
- Have experience in GIS work, compiling proposals and tenders, as well as conducting other environmental sector related works (e.g. ECO, compliance monitoring, authorisations).
A competitive remuneration package and staff benefits will be offered based on work experience & knowledge.
Interested candidates to please submit a detailed CV with traceable references, as well as a short motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the below form by no later than the 30th of June 2021.
If you have not been contacted within 30days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE-MENTIONED REQUIREMENTS, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.